Thursday, February 27, 2014

Elena's Icicle Wig

I made Elena a new wig - the "hair" and wig cap are made entirely of glass beads. This is sort of related to my "Snegurochka WIP" posts, since I originally bought the beads to do embroidery on the coat for that outfit. But, I have been having some problems breathing when I sew or work with fibers, so I am taking a break on it (might be permanent, might not, I don't know at this point). Anyways, I have all these beads, so I decided to try something new - I've always loved the looks of beaded things! So I am making Elena a beaded dress, and hopefully shoes, to go with this wig. It will be like a fantasy Snow Maiden thing when it's done. Of course, I will post more pictures when it is, but I just finished the wig a few minutes ago, so I wanted to share it with you! ^-^ Be warned, these photos are kind of too bright. I wanted to show how shiny and sparkly the beads are, so I took them in the sunlight…







This wig was really an experiment, to see if I could even make an all-beaded wig for a porcelain BJD. I tried looking up tutorials first, but I could only find beaded wigs for Barbies. I liked the looks of them, but the execution is totally different since Barbie doesn't need a wig cap! So I had to make it up as I went along. I'm pretty happy with the results, and will definitely make more for my other girls! I might tweak things a bit here and there, but basically, I am happy with things as they are, and it wasn't nearly so hard to do as I thought.




No comments:

Post a Comment