Saturday, December 29, 2012

Elena

It occurred to me that I never posted any pics of my new doll! So I will do it now. She arrived on November 21, and I have named her Elena. She is a 35cm porcelain ball-jointed doll made by JRDolls in Russia. She is different from my other dolls, of course, but the main difference is that she has white skin. Because of her pale coloring and sweet expression, I think of her as Snegurochka (the Snow Maiden, from Russian folklore). I found out that the artist was calling her that too! So, I am making her a special Snegurochka costume. ^_^ It will be a while before it's finished, but I plan on posting pictures of it as a work in progress, so keep an eye out for them - they will be titled something like "WIP: Snegurochka Costume", and of course, will include pics of Elena too. I will be writing the first post very soon. But now, I will just show you some pics of Elena, taken when she first arrived home:


Elena's Homecoming: Top Row: Ishtar, Kisa
Bottom Row: Bu Yong, Elena, Ciara Angelique



Christmas Party: Back Row: Ishtar, Elena, Kisa holding Maria
Bottom Row: Bu Yong, Ciara Angelique

No comments:

Post a Comment