Friday, May 13, 2011

Knitty Kitties!

I love to knit, and I love animals. I've always had a particular fondness for cats, but because of allergies I can't have a real one *cry* Anyways, I decided to knit myself some little kitties for fun. I wanted to be able to dress them up too. So here are the two I've made so far, the yellow one is made of a bamboo/soy blend yarn, and the green/purple/multi colored one is made of corn. They are stuffed with the same yarn they were knit out of, and I embroidered the faces with yarn, and the nose, mouth and eyelashes of the yellow one are thread (didn't have the right color yarn to do it). They are about 6.5-7" tall The yellow one is wearing a little Russian sarafan that I sewed and beaded for a very small BJD which I no longer own. I was so happy when I discovered that it would fit my kitty! Here are a few pics of them:













2 comments:

  1. OMG ... you have such talent. I can't knit to save my soul and here you have kittehs. I am a KITTEH fanatic. You torture me with this awesome goodness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thank you!! I was actually thinking of making them to sell, but wasn't sure if anyone would be interested or not... Just to torture you further, I am attempting to knit a dachshund right now ;-) hehehe

    ReplyDelete